Monday, March 10, 2014

Infogram Blog Post

Making an infogram is another new and fun way to present the information I've learned. The creation of an infograph was a fun but challenging this to do because it really tested our ability to realize which information is the most important to use and present it in a visually effective way.  The reason why I chose the topics I did for my graphs is because I think the are the topics that best help to answer the essential question. When studying a war like this, we needed to figure out what makes both sides successful and how it effects their strategy in the way. I think things such as population, transportation, and economic value are keys components to winning a war. In order to win a war, you need to have people, which is why I chose to show population. Also, transportation such as railroads are important because it allows for easier access around the country in which you are fighting. Also, the value of manufactured goods are important because in order to fund a war you need lots of money which rests partly on the value of manufactured goods.
 
In my infograph, I decided to make 4 different charts that were all visually appealing. That was a viewed could easily pick out the important information and not get bored doing it. I also kept a consistent color to represent the North and the South so that it would again be easier for the reader to see the point I was trying to make. The interesting theme and pattern also improved the overall look to the infograph and hopefully made a interesting and helpful learning tool.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment